The Vigilant Peony brooch
Peonies were once planted to protect homes and dispel evil spirits, and were even thought to glow under moonlight. I created the Vigilant Peony as a charm to protect the wearer from misfortune and as a reminder to look out for each other. A shield to signify strength and protection is adorned with a watchful red peony inspired by Chinese cut-paper art and vintage Neighborhood Watch community signs. I added stars and a waxing crescent moon to remind us we all can bloom in darkness.
Three different versions of the Vigilant Peony brooch are available (sold separately):
• Silver and midnight black enamel charm and two tiny stars on a silver plated bow pin
• Silver and twilight pink enamel charm and two tiny stars on a silver plated bow pin
• [SOLD OUT] Gold and midnight black enamel charm on a delicate gold-plated vintage bow pin
Charms measure 1” including the loop at the top. Each brooch is handmade by me.
$5 from the sale of each brooch will support The Lilith Fund, an organization providing financial assistance and emotional support for people who need abortions in Texas.
• Silver bow pins are approximately 2.75" tall including star charms, but vary because each is handmade.
• The silver bows vary slightly in width, between 1.125 and 1.5 inches, and are a mix of vintage reproduction and true vintage pieces.
• Gold bow pins are approximately 1.5" tall.
• On the gold bows, the pins fit tightly in their swivel clasps and can be tricky to open and close. I’ve tested each one to make sure they function correctly, but if you have mobility limitations please let me know in the notes and I’ll make sure you get one that opens as smoothly as possible.
I ship orders of in-stock items via USPS First-Class Mail once per week from Portland, Oregon (t-shirts are shipped directly from Printful, a third-party production partner). Please be aware that due to unprecedented USPS delays, package deliveries may take longer than expected. First Class Mail packages sent within the U.S. can take up to 2-3 weeks (or longer) to arrive at their destinations. I am not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged packages. Due to USPS issues I am no longer offering shipping outside of North America during checkout. Please contact me for inquiries about international orders.